Freud's Banana @ Sunday, March 18, 2012


Freud suggested that all such objects have phallic implications. - To see bananas in your dream, may be a metaphor for repressed sexual urges and desires. It is a phallic symbol and represents masculine sexuality.

What about if you're cooking with them? :P Further sexual repression? Can it not be that sometimes a banana is just a banana? I dreamt I was in the office kitchen, it was daylight, with the sun streaming through the windows on the 25th floor, and I was alone. The dinning table in the center of the room was the one from our meeting rooms, a large rectangular polished cherry wood, and on it were a range of ingredients, vanilla wafers, whipped cream, banana and a range of other foods. I found myself making a pudding of some sort. It was perfect, just as I was about to take a bite, the door bell rang - and I woke up. And now I feel like making Caramelized Banana Pudding with layers of vanilla wafers, pudding, whipped cream and bananas, Manzano Bananas my favourite.


Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts