Adventures of Spending and Saving - Part 1: Food @ Wednesday, June 13, 2012
1. Bring lunch instead of buying it, or only have TA lunch/dinner once a week.
2. Have a week's supply of dry/tinned foods in your draw at work E.g. Fantastic Noodles, crackers, tuna, etc.
3. Buy 'Big' - Buy big bottles of fruit juice and transfer them to small bottles, do the same with chips, crackers and other foods.
4. Coffee – only buy it once a week. Bring coffee mix to work or if it's for classes, BYO coffee in a thermos.
5. Eating Out - BYO water, you don't need that $3.50 Coke, and neither does your health.
6. Daily Deals - sign up for daily spam (use your spam account). There are some good deals once a month or so e.g.
7. Specials/Offers - look out for them. e.g. 2-for-1 & Student Offers, Grill'd: free drink with burgers purchase on Tuesdays.
8. Meal Planning - check out the supermarket specials and plan around that, also maybe buy in bulk with a friend at Costco.
Sue said... on June 13, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Charlie Brown said... on June 14, 2012 at 7:16 PM
Grill'd makes the best chips :)
Hi. I'm Charlie. Capricorn. ISFJ. Engaged. From CA, studying events in Melbourne.
This is a blog about food, photography, hot chocolate & cupcakes, events, shopping, and the occasional beauty product review.
Want to contact me? Click here to email me.
Original Base Design
Base Editor - Erma97
Basecoder - detonatedlove
Original Header Design teacakehouse
Coding Assistance (IT)
Any resemblance to real or fictitious names, identities, characters, persons, whether living or dead, settings, situations, or other information, is purely coincidental and unintentional.