Burger & Fries @ Thursday, October 31, 2013

Huxtaburger & Lord of the Fries



I do like burgers, though I tend to get the sauces all over myself unless I have it in the wrapper.



We've always wanted to try Huxtaburger, though the original branch wasn't in the CBD.
After a few years they finally opened a store in the CBD, on Fulham Place (Flinders Lane, enter from Elizabeth St, turn left) very close to Flinders.



On Friday evenings it's loud inside. Beyonce plays through the speaker above the door. 



One of the menus.


Beers go with burgers it seems for they had two boards with a selection of beer. 
For those who don't drink beer there's soda. $3.50 gets you a cup with unlimited refills.
There's bar stool and two long benches, very efficient in space if you think about it.
But do know that you'll soon smell like burgers, even if you got take-away.


Huxtaburger 8.50

I had the original, and it was amazing! Best unhealthy burger I've ever had. The bun was soft and had a slight crunch on the edge where it had been grilled. Bread Top makes them, though they use Huxtaburger's recipe. A collaboration almost, I do love Bread Top's bread.

We shall be back (in a couple months), I loved the Huxtaburger though it's not something I'd have too often. This was my second time at Hux. the last the camera battery failed and we were in a rush to get to the theatre. Someone said that the chips here are of the freezer variety and they're right. The chipotle ones are hot! Didn't like that. 

Highly recommend Huxtaburger as a place to go with friends, though it doesn't have booths that diner feel. It's more of for a quick lunch/dinner. Don't come in a suit though, the office mightn't appreciate the smell of lunch when it's on you. I'd like to get t/a and have it in the park. Get a burger but not fries, the best of those are from Grill'd (best chips) or LOTF (for their sauces).

Huxtaburger on Urbanspoon


Lord of the Fries




This is where you get the best chips with sauce. It's all about the sauces.
Skip the burgers, who wants to eat fake beef anyway - unless you're a veggie/vegan.



I love the Belgium, though on this occasion I tried something new, the Parisian. It was nice, I like it, but I don't love it. This is the kid size ($5) and with a burger I only ended up eating around 10 chips. Best to share them I think. Jas has never had LOTFs before and thought the sauce was odd. But he still liked it.

Lord of the Fries on Urbanspoon


Where do you go for burgers & fries?
One day we shall try Andrew's Burgers in Albert Park.
And have a picnic, by the lake.

Why do people post pictures of them + food on urbanspoon? That's the right link but *scroll*. I don't mean a just a hand in the way or holding the food, but more of something you'd have on your blog. An almost full picture of you + food. People who are here look for reviews and pictures of food, pictures of people don't belong here. They belong on your blog and your blog only.     



Blogger RMIT Newintstudents said... on October 31, 2013 at 2:41 PM  

true- it does not belong. Even on your blog it does not belong either


Blogger Melody said... on November 1, 2013 at 12:51 AM  

Omg. Huxtaburger is the bombdiggity! I absolutely loved it ..but I do agree, they were a little difficult to eat haha!

I don't quite like the whole hand and food deal either ..but I'm guessing they might have taken the photo on the run? I might have been guilty of that once or twice before woops! But yes, it does belong on your blog rather than on Urbanspoon!


Blogger Charlie said... on November 1, 2013 at 1:26 AM  

Perhaps they should provide knives like Grill'd? Though I won't be able to cut it without making a mess. :P

The picture I referring to has been removed, it was more than a hand. Almost a tourist-y shot. More human bits were in the picture than food.

I take pictures on the go all the time, with lots of travel time. And sometimes you just don't have a clean surface to put it on, or the cone can't stand by itself.

Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts