Movenpick Ice Cream @ QV @ Saturday, October 19, 2013

Sunday 13th Oct

Today's post will be about Movenpick at QV, tomorrow Melbourne Central. That's a lot of ice cream within a week, but we bought groupon deals and weren't certain we were going to be in the city after this week for a while. 








Movenpick. 20mins analyzing. The girl at the counter was very helpful. :) 





6 Scoops or the 6 Scoop cheaper deluxe tasting platter? The difference? 
The first is 60g scoops, the later 40g.  Even the later was to be shared, I had that. 







Deluxe Tasting Plate $13.00
Creme Brulee, Rum Raisin, Vanilla
Pistachio - Tiramisu - Straccitella


Vanilla
I see specks on vanilla bean! It was very creamy. Perfectly so.
Loved this, highly recommended. Top quality. 5/5





Creme Brulee - I like it, but it wasn't anything special sadly. I had high hopes. 3/5
Rum Raisin - Love this, but it tastes exactly like Sara Lee $10 a litre. 5/5
Stracciatella - This was different. I like it, scattered chocolate chips. 3/5
Pistachio - This was different. I've never had it before. Tasted nutty. 2/5








Tiramisu
Very light, how do they do that? Cream isn't light. It was light and airy. Coffee. If don't like coffee this one isn't for you. There was bits of cookies, soft within. It was amazing! The ice cream for angels. Highly recommended! 5/5 


 Vanilla Shake $8

This was served in a super tall glass. You can get a shake made from any ice cream flavour! It was wonderful (don't taste as in lick the syrup). And tasted, well, like Vanilla ice cream with milk. I quite like it. 



As I say life is about me, I'm not waiting around for anybody. I want someone who can keep up. A certain someone failed to turn up today, though now as all my friends are unreliable and either unorganized/not interested it's difficult to guess which one it is. Sad isn't it?



Anyway I do love ice cream and went here because they were having a group buy offer. $5 for $10 credit and $10 for $20 credit. Bought both, the later at QV as I've been past it before and knew it was a cafe which we weren't sure with the other location?

Would I recommend Movenpick? Yes, do try it once. And get the tasting platter so you can try more flavours. But for an often thing it's too $$$ I'd rather get gourmet ice cream, Con...something or Sara Lee from the freezer at the supermarket, normally $10 a litre, but you can sometimes find them on sale for $7. We always stock up. 

Connoisseur 1L Gourmet Ice Cream $5 @ Safeway from Wed 23 Oct   

Movenpick on Urbanspoon



Blogger RMIT Newintstudents said... on October 24, 2013 at 11:01 AM  

I loved it. Do you live nearby South Yarra station? Have you been to Adriano Zumbo's new shop?


Blogger Charlie said... on October 24, 2013 at 6:36 PM  

I haven't been there yet but I heard people lined up at 5am that Wednesday that they opened! It's on my list of places to visit. :) Have you been there?

Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts